George Washington’s Army at Middlebrook ~ 1777 & 1778-79
From “The Army at Middlebrook 1778-1779”, Peter Angelakos, 1952, Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society, vol. 70, no. 2
The lecture series will help inform and educate the public about what happened in Somerset County during the American Revolution by exploring the Middlebrook stays of George Washington’s Army in 1777, and again in 1778-79. The speakers will present a number of related topics exploring this theme.
- POSTPONED – Bob Gleason, American Historical Theatre, Philadelphia ~ Portraying Baron von Steuben ~ “An Evening with the Baron at The Abraham Staats House” ~ New Date to be determined
- POSTPONED – Robert A. Mayers, Author ~ “Middlebrook: The Revolutionary War Campground that Saved America” & Book Signing ~ New Date to be determined
- POSTPONED – Steven Elliott, Historian ~ “The Middlebrook Cantonment and the Maturation of the Continental Army” ~ Sat. May 16, 2020
- Ernest Bower, Archeological Researcher ~ “Middlebrook: Artifacts of the Virginia Line 1778-79” ~ Sat. Oct. 17, 2020
- William Kurzenberger, NJ State DEP Historian ~ “Middlebrook 101: Perspectives on the 1778-79 Winter Cantonment” ~ Sat. Nov. 14, 2020
Click here for the Lecture Series flyer.
Made possible by funds from the Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission, a partner of the New Jersey Historical Commission.