Weekend activities include:
- 10:30 a.m. street battle reenactment at the Old Stone Arch Bridge in Bound Brook, and
- 1:30 p.m. street battle on Main Street, South Bound Brook, (Weston Canal Road to Maple Avenue) featuring American and British units portraying the soldiers of the American Revolution.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Soldiers Drills on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House. (Free)
- 1:00 p.m. – Lecture: Robert A. Mayers presenting “Searching for Yankee Doodle-Washington’s Soldiers in the American Revolution” followed by a book signing. (Weekend Pass required for lecture and book signing)
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Battle on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House featuring Patriotic and Loyalist units portraying the soldiers of the American Revolution (Free)
All Weekend at the Abraham Staats House, 17 von Steuben Lane, South Bound Brook
- Grounds are Free: 18th century Soldiers’ Encampment on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House, 17 von Steuben Lane, South Bound Brook, 08880. Come walk through camp and see what life was like for American and British troops during the time of the American Revolution.
- Exhibits, period music, special activities focused on the Colonial Era.
- Historic house tours: The Abraham Staats House, with the original structure c. 1740, was home to the Staats family for nearly 200 years and served as the headquarters for George Washington’s “Drillmaster” Baron von Steuben.
Parking for events in South Bound Brook is available along Main Street, in the Elm Street Parking Lot and along public streets in the area of the Soldiers Encampment. Parking in Bound Brook is available throughout the town and in Billian Park. Intermittent street closings are expected during the weekend in South Bound Brook, and Bound Brook to accommodate the march of the soldiers.
Contributing Partner Events: Bound Brook, Bridgewater, South Bound Brook
Saturday, April 14: Join the Heritage Trail Association 8am-9:30am for a “Complete Waffle Breakfast and Battle of Bound Brook speaker, Lazarus Turner” at the Van Horne House, 941 East Main Street, Bridgewater, NJ 08807. $20 per person; under age 10 $5. . Register at www.heritagetrail.org.
Saturday, April 14: Special Exhibits at the Bound Brook Memorial Library Open to Public M-Th 9:30am-9pm, Fri & Sat 9:30am-5pm.
Saturday, April 14: 12:30-4:00pm & 4:30-8:00pm “Battle and Brews Pub Crawl” in Bound Brook.FREE. Patrons must be over 21 & purchase own drinks and meet in front of Brook Theater 10 minutes before crawl start. Six participating restaurants/pubs. For more information contact Kori Buro at 732-667-3939 or email@example.com
Saturday, April 14: 4-7pm Pasta Dinner, Reformed Church of Bound Brook Fellowship Hall, 113 Clinton St. SBB 08880 Free to registered reenactors Adults: $10, Seniors & Reenactors: $9, 5-10 years: $6, 4 and under: Free.
Call Rev. Martin Winters at cell 732-322-1899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Saturday, April 14: 7pm Spring Ball & Social at Van Horne House, 941 E. Main St, Bridgewater, NJ 08807. Live Period music by Ridley & Ann Enslow. $15 per person. To reserve contact email@example.com
Sunday, April 15: Breakfast Buffet at South Bound Brook Fire Company #1 Firehouse, 83 Edgewood Terrace, SBB. Free to registered re-enactors. Adults: $9; Seniors: $8; under age ten: $6 under age 5: free.