2020 Weekend activities included:
Saturday: (grounds open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- 10:30 a.m. street battle reenactment at the Old Stone Arch Bridge in Bound Brook, and
- 1:30 p.m. street battle on Main Street, South Bound Brook, (Weston Canal Road to Maple Avenue) featuring American and British units portraying the soldiers of the American Revolution.
Sunday: (grounds open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Soldiers Drills on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House. (Free)
- 1:00 p.m. – Lecture: Robert A. Mayers presenting his soon to be published book “Middlebrook The Revolutionary Campground That Saved America” followed by a book signing of previously published books. (Weekend Pass required for lecture and book signing)
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. – Battle on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House featuring Patriotic and Loyalist units portraying the soldiers of the American Revolution (Free)
All Weekend at the Abraham Staats House, 17 von Steuben Lane, South Bound Brook
- Grounds are Free: 18th century Soldiers’ Encampment on the grounds of the Abraham Staats House, 17 von Steuben Lane, South Bound Brook, 08880. Come walk through camp and see what life was like for American and British troops during the time of the American Revolution.
- Exhibits, period music, special activities focused on the Colonial Era.
- Historic house tours: The Abraham Staats House, with the original structure c. 1740, was home to the Staats family for nearly 200 years and served as the headquarters for George Washington’s “Drillmaster” Baron von Steuben.
Parking for events in South Bound Brook is available along Main Street, in the Elm Street Parking Lot and along public streets in the area of the Soldiers Encampment. Parking in Bound Brook is available throughout the town and in Billian Park. Intermittent street closings are expected during the weekend in South Bound Brook, and Bound Brook to accommodate the march of the soldiers.
Contributing Partner Events: Bound Brook, Bridgewater, South Bound Brook
Friday, April 17: Battle of Bound Brook Cocktail Party! Heritage Trail Association hosts “an unveiling of something very cool” at van Horne House. Fri 6-9p.m. 941 E Main St, Bridgewater $50 pp No one under 21 years. www.htanj.org to register.
Saturday, April 18: Annual BBB Publik Ball! Music by the Enslows with Dance Master Lazarus Turner at van Horne House. Sat 7-10p.m. 941 E Main St, Bridgewater $15pp Reenactors $10pp. www.htanj.org to register.
Free Fun Colonial Dance Lessons to prepare for the Ball: March 23, 20, April 6, 13 from 7-8:30p.m. www.htanj.org to register
Saturday, April 18: Special Exhibits at the Bound Brook Memorial Library Open to Public M-Th 9:30am-9pm, Fri & Sat 9:30am-5pm. 402 E High St, Bound Brook, NJ 08805 Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (732) 356-0043
Saturday, April 18: 4-7pm Pasta Dinner, Reformed Church of Bound Brook Fellowship Hall, 113 Clinton St. SBB 08880 Free to registered reenactors Adults: $10, Seniors & Reenactors: $9, 5-10 years: $6, 4 and under: Free.
Call Rev. Martin Winters at cell 732-322-1899 or email email@example.com for information.
Sunday, April 19: Breakfast Buffet at South Bound Brook Fire Company #1 Firehouse, 83 Edgewood Terrace, SBB.