The Abraham Staats House is one of the five local historic homes featured in the Five Generals Bus Tour sponsored by the Heritage Trail Association, and generally held in February. Discover five of the original Somerset County houses that served as military headquarters for important American generals during the American Revolution Middlebrook Cantonment of 1778-79:
- The Abraham Staats House in South Bound Brook
- The Van Horne House in Bridgewater
- The Van Veghten House in Finderne
- The Jacobus Vanderveer House in Bedminster
- The Wallace House in Somerville
The tour starts from the Van Home House and runs approximately two and a half hours, featuring short stops at each home. For pricing and schedule information, please check the Heritage Trail Association website.